Parents should ring the absence phone number which is 01306 886312 (select option 1) or email firstname.lastname@example.org to report the absence. This should be made as early as possible in the morning. Students who are absent for 5 days or more will require a note from their doctor. Please contact the relevant Head of Year if your child is going to be absent for a prolonged period.
If your child is unexpectedly late, please call the absence line as soon as possible.
- You can report any absence due to a medical appointment in advance using the absence line (01306 886312 - select option 1) - please state what the appointment is so that appropriate coding can be used.
- You can advise us in writing, in advance, of the appointment. Please email email@example.com
- You can also ring the absence line on the morning of the appointment.
- Please do not give your child a letter to bring in with them on the day of the appointment as this is too late and an attendance call will have already been made.
- Holidays - Education law states that parents do not have a right to take their child out of school for a holiday during term time. Only in exceptional circumstances may a headteacher grant permission for leave; and it is the headteachers' decision on whether the absence is exceptional and how many days to approve. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an absence form.
- Please email email@example.com to advise us of absence for events such as Funerals, Sporting Activities, Dance and Music Exams, Rehearsals and any other full-day absences.
House Attendance Rates - Last updated 21st October